Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wow, SNL Still Sucks

Quick post in-between setting fantasy lineups and raising children...SNL, as usual, really disappointed.

Did I like the Palin sketch? Sure. Was it clever and did I laugh a little and nod my head in agreement several times. Yep. Was Fey dead-on? Of course. And that was 3 of 90 minutes. The rest was your standard disaster. Phelps couldn't act or be funny. The sketches were as pedestrian and uninspired as the last 10+ years. And the worst part is that they had the whole summer to come up with a second sketch better than high school quiz bowl with the home schooled amish kids. Yikes. Really?

Weekend Update has its moments, but few. I will tell you this fair readers, when Poheler leaves after the new year to have a baby and a sitcom, this show is going to suffer. Suffer greatly. And that is saying a lot for a ahow that is the television equivalent to anything you can think of that is not funny at all.

1 comment:

Charlie Byrne said...

Hi,

I can't agree more. That Amish skit was the lamest piece of garbage I can imagine.

Some NBC "talent" actually thought this was funny? What planet are they on?