Friday, September 12, 2008

The End of Swingtown?

As far as easygoing summer drama is concerned, Swingtown was a welcome change of pace. A lot of people I know were turned off by the stories, the acting, and in some cases the content. I somehow enjoyed all three very much. I actually thought the acting was pretty solid, and the story lines got quite compelling as the short summer season moved along. I think mostly I was just impressed that old man CBS took a shot at a show like this on network TV.

At a minimum you could say this -- the music was great, the outfits fantastic, and deep down I think we all wish we could spend a weekend in 1976 - especially with Tom and Trina.

There is a solid chance this show will never be back again, and a very slim one that it will. I would welcome one more summer with the North Shore Chicago swingers to see how things are going in 1977, but if not -- it was a nice diversion into another world for 13 weeks over the summer. Also this, Grant Show looked awesome with that 'stache.

No comments: