Friday, September 5, 2008

Look-Ahead

Next week marks the debut of 'Fringe' - be looking for it. HBO has some new Vampire show, but I cannot afford HBO. I think I will still watch Entourage though thanks to the magic of my brother-in-laws SlingBox. God bless technology.

So by my count, the first-run shows I am currently watching are:
-Mad Men
-Gossip Girl
-Greek
-Bones
-9021-no (this could be it for me after this week)
-Fringe

Wow, thats a lot of fluff along with the best drama on television. As I look at this list, I have grisly and nasty with Bones, dramatic and daring with Mad Men, and fluffy crap with the three teen shows....and now I know why I am staying away from any real substance -- I am watching way to much political TV right now.

I try and get to Keith Olbermann every night, Anderson Cooper every night, and of course the Daily Show. Like most elections, this one has not disappointed with its own drama and soap operas. And call me crazy, but I will take a good James Carville/Chris Matthews fight any night. The conventions have been great and all, but I look forward to the return of 'Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann' on Monday.

Final convention coverage thought: The Daily Show killed. Every night was better than the next. They seriously deliver more news, commentary, and biting opinion / political reality that any other 'news' network. Jon Stewart is a genius. If you are bored, check out the behind-the-scenes USA Today article about Stewart from last week.

Finally, I am just going to assume that when SNL returns next week, Tina Fey will show up to play Sarah Palin. It seems like it should be a law or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Daily Show behind the scenes
, MN-style.

Unknown said...

Where is The Shield on your list of shows that are a MUST see.