Friday, September 26, 2008

State of Mind

I think the first 'The Office' was funnier than I think it was. We missed the first five minutes -- I was busy setting up the TIVO to get the Twins game after I watched them go down 6-1.
So admittedly I was a little annoyed with their defense and I was watching the show knowing that I couldn't wait to get back to the game to see if we could pull out a comeback. We did. It was beautiful and hands-down the best non-playoff Twins game ever. But I didn't laugh as much at 'The Office' because I had baseball on the brain. After the miraculous comeback and I settled into bed for the eveing, me and the Mrs. pulled up the missing five minutes from 'The Office' off the bedroom TV and I laughed about six times. At that point I knew I could never give this episode the fair review it deserves, and I cheated myself out a show I had looked forward to watching for months. The moral? Don't watch 'Lost' at midnight just to get through it, don't watch comedy when you are waiting for something else....enjoy the shows you enjoy when you are ready to enjoy them. Profound.

STAT OF THE WEEK
(courtesy of the StarTrib)

The (Twins) game had a 13.5 rating on the regional sports network, winning the prime-time slot during season premier week and beating "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC affiliate KSTP (Ch. 5) and "The Office" on NBC affiliate KARE (Ch. 11). The rating means 230,405 households were watching.

The highest-rated quarter-hour for Thursday's game was an eye-popping 19.9 from 10:30 to 10:45 p.m. That means 339,633 households were watching as Alexi Casilla drove in Nick Punto with the winning run.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the photo of Barney Miller