Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lost Breakdown

You love him, you hate him. You agree, you disagree...either way it's good reading. Here he is again -- our exclusive Lostologist, AK.
Take it away AK:

Widmore being Daniel's dad... I always assumed that. I didn't think that realization was all that impactful. It was interesting that his mom sent him back knowing that she was going to shoot him. I do wonder if she will end up being the baddest of the bad guys.

I still support my previous prediction on how the series is going to end, and I think the details of last night continue to support that:

Way back in season one there was all of this talk about how there were two flight 815s. Just like last night, all of these scenes that Faraday kept looping back into; the series will end with the Lost survivors from the second time around getting back onto the plane. They will have corrected (actually probably "mostly corrected") the timeline that set everything in motion and they will come back to Australia caught up in the repetition of past events that will be re-occuring again. But this time, some people that were on flight 815 the first time will not be there: Shannon, Boone, Charlie, Eko, Libby, Ana Lucia... (Supported by Faraday's comment last night that any of them can die.) They may even do a montage, showing 815a with the old footage of the original crashers boarding (nostalgia-style); and intersplice that with the new footage of the surviving crashers boarding flight 815b...

And in true Lost form, I am hoping they end with the show with an unanswered question -- is the plane going to land in LA as it was supposed to? They fixed most of the problems, but not all of them? And perhaps as Faraday stated that the survivors were the variables, now that some of the variables are gone (i.e., dead) will that cause different things to occur the second go-round on flight 815b? Maybe the plane will still crash again and restart the whole cycle?

I hope I am wrong, because what has made Lost so great for me, is that I can never predict what is going to happen. But the scenario I described above seems so much like where they are planning on going with this.

I'm bummed that Faraday is dead, though. And am a bit skeptical of the clip for next week where they are looking at Faraday's journal and say "if we can just do everything that is written in this journal..." This guy mastered time travel and is Mr. Brilliant, and we're too believe that he took such good notes in legible handwriting that are written in laymen's terms, that they are going to be able to follow it? Isn't that kind of like giving someone a handwritten copy of Grey's Anatomy (the book, not the TV show) and expecting them to be able to perform a heart transplant?

1 comment:

Bill Wilson said...

This guy is brilliant. I wish I could be more like him.