Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Couple of LOST Thoughts...

1. Am I allowed to complain about the Oceanic 6's ability to basically teleport back to the island? I mean there probably was no plane crash right? I think the explanation is going to be they were just returned there? And Lapidus is the pilot?
You see, I have more than accepted the ability for an island to move through time and space, but I am unwilling to accept that the Losties could be dropped back there from an overhead airplane -- and into the 1950's no less.

2. Here is what we don't know about our friends as the boarded the plane:
a. Why is Sayid in custody and on that plane?
b. Where is Aaron and why did Kate stash him away?
c. Why is Hurley on the plane? Who told him to come?
d. What the hell happened to Ben?

I want some new answers to these questions....
Local theorist and Lostologist A.K. postulates that the 'business' that Ben needed to attend to, down at the marina, that got him beat up, was his revenge against Charles Widmore...a.k.a killing Penny. He knew she must be in town once he saw Des -- so he found Penny to finish what he told Widmore he was going to do. I assume we'll see Des back on the island soon to avenge her wrongful death. I know it sounds dark, but Ben does hate Widmore, Ben is pretty much evil, and Ben has killed a lot of people including (most likely) Sayid's wife.

Well anyway -- more questions than answers amidst a quick-moving episode with more answers than we are used to. Wrap your head around that. Even when you feel like the show has thrown you a shit-sandwich -- it never ceases to be awesome and I wait patiently each week giving it the benfit of the doubt.

No comments: