Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday, Monday

Three shows to review from last night...

1. WhoBob WhatPants: Yeah that's right, I watched it. The young child asked for it, and as a special treat, got to stay up and watch the live premiere of Spongebob loses his memory. OUTCOME: Wasn't very funny, they say 'idiot' too much, and young child wanted me to fast forward the commercials. In the end, we were all let down.

2. HIMYM: Now called 'Not-as-funny-as-it-used-to-be-HIMYM' is having a tough time this year getting focused I think. A lot of change is coming to our characters and I am not sure if the writers know how to make it work. The basic premise of Ted finding his wife is now hampering a show once really all about dating and being 25 with your friends in NYC. One thing remains constant though - Neil Patrick Harris is so frickin good. He is this show now. Barney Stinson will go down as one of the best TV characters in history. We will debate this another day.
If I could get Barney and Larry from Threes Company together for a night out, that might be tremendous TV fun. We could even go to the Beagle.

3. Gossip Girl: Good episode, chick fights always rate high with me. Some very illogical moments, but I have learned not to think too hard about this show. But I will say one thing...this show might proliferate teen sexuality, and materialism, and social hierarchyism, or eating disorderism, but it does one thing most teen shows do not: IT MAKES BEING SMART COOL. Yes, everyone on this show is going Ivy League and almost everyone studies their ass off to get there. So basically Gossip Girl teaches us to be mean, eat less, screw more....and oh, hit the books hard to be successful. I like the message!

No comments: