Thursday, October 16, 2008

Debate Rider

I think the best part of the debate was when Obama jumped into the Ford Mustang and it shape-shifted into a police car in order for him to escape unnoticed.
Yes, that's me turning off the debate to watch Knight Rider. And why? I am addicted to spin doctors. I am addicted to Anderson Cooper and his 12 in-studio analysts and their laptops. Yes, 12! They were even one seat short last night and some dude had to stand on the end. I am addicted to Olbermann, Maddow, Gregory, and Matthews. I am even semi-interested in Hannity, Colmes, and VanSusteren (but only for the unintentional comedy). I am addicted to the quick-hit CBS undecided voters poll, and the CNN focus-group in Ohio, and the super partisan analysts on all the networks (other than CNN, which at least pretends to have non-affiliated commentary).
So I stopped watching and picked up Knight Rider -- it was brainless, dumb, and surprisingly entertaining. I then went back to the post-debate coverage at 9:30 and watched it like it was SportsCenter for the next three hours. By the end of it, I had basically seen the whole debate, and I was told what the 'American People' are thinking. And as I have said before, if you are watching a 'news' show talking about 'the American people', most likely you are not who they are talking about.

No comments: