Friday, May 2, 2008

Thursday is Work

Seriously. Lost, 30 Rock, The Office, Scrubs...I guess it is not as many as I thought, but when you are as backlogged as I am, and you feel like you should put out a decent blog post in order to stay relevant, it's a challenge.

Well last night I only made it through 'Lost' having fallen asleep during 'The Office' like six times before I finally just bagged it. I did watch last week's 'The Office' on Wednesday night so I am feeling satiated at least. I loved the episode with Ryan except I am not a fan of him having a drug problem. It's cute, but totally not necessary. Dwight making out with the amazon though, and earlier pouring out her drink more than made up for it. And when Toby hopped the fence and jogged home, I genuinely felt for him. Meanwhile, hiding Angela's real-life pregnancy is fine, but she is looking huge, and thats not easy for someone who only weighs like 85 pounds.
In case you were not aware dear reader, Angela is married (in real life) to Toby's brother. Cute.

LOST:
So many things to discuss and break down, and limited time today. So instead I am going to limit my thoughts to a few bullets and see where it goes.

SUPERNATURAL ELEMENT: It's back in a big way. Hurley seeing Charlie, Jack seeing his dad, Claire with her dad (Jack's dad), Claire missing...it's all coming front and center. Some people hate that aspect of the show, and after last week's big reveal of BEN VS. WIDMORE in the future, which is very tangible and very real...this new 'twist' kind of mucks up that story. But I guess if you like Lost (and I do), you need to be OK with both and understand that in their world, the supernatural exists on and off the island for these people.

JACK AND KATE: Anti-climactic? Is it? I am not sure yet. For four years its been Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Juliet...and now its over. We see where it ends, or where it's at...so for some I bet it was satisfying, gratifying, but a let down? We shall see. I am fine with it since the romantic angle of this show does very little for me. I will say this though -- future clean Kate is hot.

JACK AND AARON: Jack's comments to Claire about her 'not even being related to Aaron' tells me that jack will learn about his sister being Claire. Good, I was hoping for that.

SAWYER AND CLAIRE: He is very protective of her. Anyone know why? Maybe it's because he left a kid behind at home...

BEN AND WIDMORE: Going back to last week in an episode that I loved, we now see where the future is going to lead us - a showdown of the man who calls the island home vs. the man obsessed with the island for reasons fully unknown at this time. Fun. Gives the show some purpose. But as reader BWilson pointed out to me, it changes the show's premise from the survivors trying to escape to the battle for the island where the survivors are just players. The show is not about Jack anymore, it is about Ben. Intersting. Not sure I can think of another show that has ever taken the overall focus off the main characters and changed it into a supporting sub-plot. But as we all know, everything changes week to week.

PREVIEWS: More supernatural island mumbo-jumbo coming...

2 comments:

Andrew Kass said...

Last week's episode was great - one of my favorite. Great all around. Except for one thing...

Were they *trying* to be funny when they killed three "red shirts" in about 4 seconds?

"Hey I've never been on the show. What's going on."

"Hmm. I think I will hang up some laundry."

"Oh my god. You've been shot. I will save you."

I actually laughed hysterically, and then rewound it, watched again, and laughed hysterically all over again.

Andrew Kass said...

Last week's episode was great - one of my favorite. Great all around. Except for one thing...

Were they *trying* to be funny when they killed three "red shirts" in about 4 seconds?

"Hey I've never been on the show. What's going on."

"Hmm. I think I will hang up some laundry."

"Oh my god. You've been shot. I will save you."

I actually laughed hysterically, and then rewound it, watched again, and laughed hysterically all over again.