Friday, May 9, 2008

Lost: Yawn?

I don't know - I wish I could be more confident in my thoughts and opinions today, but I am not. You see, I know when 'Lost' is great, we all do. But when it's just good, or its more of a transition/set-up episode, do I still need to love it because its 'Lost' and its still 10x better than other other dreck out there? I am not sure. What I do know, is that I am bored with the Freighter-folk and that storyline, and when 'Lost' goes sci-fi, I just need to buckle up and hope it doesn't go off the deep end.

You may recall a week or two I go I said that the show goes two ways -- Ben vs. Widmore and the Island Mystery. The Losties-going-home story lands somewhere in the middle, but leans more toward what I just referred to as 'Ben vs. Widmore' a.k.a. the main storyline. Last night played into the mystery angle and you just have to be OK with it if its not your favorite plot. Here is what I think we learned in an episode that was just OK but better than anything else...

ISLAND MYSTERY
-Richard never ages. He is a super-being, end of story. He will end up being just as big as Jacob or bigger when its all said and done.

-Locke being on the island was destiny as we always thought it was. They've known about him since his birth. Everything in Locke's life (sad as it was) is all about this moment now. Like it or hate it -- that's where they are taking this storyline.

-Locke drew the smoke monster as a kid

-Jack's dad is not dead, Claire is with her dad, and WTF comments were coming out of my mouth for about an hour. Jack's dad is one with Jacob and the island -- I will be very interested to see how that plays out. But now we know the plane crashed to get Locke, Jack, AND HIS DEAD DAD onto the island. Or so we can assume. Claire sure looked comfy didn't she? That was weird.

-Locke is going to move the island - cute.

I am very excited for next week as perhaps we can be done with the current freigter story with the attitude and the shootings and the beatings and the sweat and the testosterone, and move on to the rescue and the conspiracy.

More on The Office and 30 Rock later. But I loved one and loathed the other -- can you guess which was which this week?

No comments: