Monday, May 5, 2008

Kick-Start Your Week

GOSSIP GIRL: All caught up, what a great show. It is inching toward the 'Oliver Effect' (see OC, Season 1), but assuming it can avoid that fate, we got a good thing going here. So far, as the season finale draws near, only 3 of the main characters have been with more than one person so far -- that leaves plenty of action for season 2 I guess. This show looks good, moves fast, and is upper east side fun. Plus throw-away lines about going to check out 'Dalton' makes me feel cool even though I live in fly-over country because college_friend.Kornblau went to school there.

HOUSEWIVES: Still watching, secretly enjoying. I guess it's no longer a secret. I will say this though, Teri Hatcher is like the hummus in my fridge - like 2 years expired.

30 ROCK: I really liked the sandwich episode a lot.

BONES: Not watching? Your problem, not mine. Funniest, cleverest, fastest-moving procedural on TV. Every week is great. You can start watching now and thank me later.

BIG BANG THEORY: Jury is still out. About one or two funny lines per episode, and about 100 annoying ones.

HIMYM: Maybe best sitcom on TV right now? Wow -- did he just say that? I did say maybe...

GREEK: Four episodes behind -- need a marathon day and a babysitter to get this done, stay tuned.

CSI Miami: Just kidding.

NCIS: Can't watch, haven't gotten my AARP membership card yet.

Trip to Beaches 'Turks and Caicos' resort with the kids? Highly recommend this to anyone looking for an adult and kid vacation (ages 2 - 15). Please see me for more details.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Anyone even watching golf right now with Tiger Woods on the mend after knee surgery? Admittedly I am not. Didn't realize how meant how much he means to the game...kidding again. Still not watching though.

No comments: