Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Week with No Drama

I am sure there have been some good shows this week and I am sure you don't want to hear about how I haven't watched any of them, but its been one of those weeks. Last night I went to bed at 10 for the first time since 9th grade - that was interesting. I have never actually been so awake in the morning that I think I realized I have been using the same razor since 1997. Anyway, Lauren watched Beauty and the Geek last night while I tried to sleep but instead listened to her go - "Oh Wow", "Wow", "Really?" -- yes folks, its that episode, the one where the geeks are transformed into hunks with a decent hair cut, some gel, perhaps some highlights, and more importantly my wardrobe of a decent pair of jeans and a non-tucked in button down. I know, I know, how could anyone else anywhere in America choose to do this to me and wear the same thing. In breaking news, I am not a fashion trendsetter.
I am sure they all came out looking nice because Lauren was talking back to the TV which she never does. We call this a 'Hoffman' - where Lauren thinks I am on the phone but in fact I am talking to either Jack Bauer or the writers of Lost, depending of of course on what I am watching. Do other people do this? I need to know. I like talking to Jack Bauer, I think it helps him. And I like telling the writers of Lost what I think as the show is going. Lauren just thinks I am fucking crazy.
I know a guy who is very close friends with a Lost writer. One time I told that guy to tell the writer something I thought, and then that guy told me that he told his friend and I believe him. Either way, it was a big day. Because I think they need to know that there are actually Lost fans out there that don't take to the internet and rip the show to shreds scene by scene all in the name of 'being a fan'. Please, just sit down and watch the damn show.
If we were all that involved in our shows, then we would be making crazy internet posts like this:
"On last week's Gossip Girl, I am pretty sure that when they were in the hotel elevator, it had buttons going up about 50 floors. But when they show the hotel from the outside, it couldn't have more than 4 floors. MY GOD? Are they in a different hotel, is there a time space continum issue? Did they die and are now in pergatory? We must break this down and start a seperate forum"
Anywho - we did watch How I Met Your Mother on Monday night and Rules of Engagement. I will continue to say this about Rules: Patrick Warburton kills me, I wish his show the Tick had made it, he was even better on that. I also still struggle with the casting of David Spade as the single ladies man.
HIMYM - solid show, better than the tricycle episode, good twist at the end, and I agree with Ted and Barney, Marshall has no game. I should know, I think I am him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I know where you got the talking to the TV piece.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Listen here! The elevator thing bothered me! It's obvious the hotel only has a few floors. Why are there so many buttons?

Anonymous said...

Ok- here is the scoop on the hotel-It is the palace on 49th and Madison- the entrance that they show is between 49th and 50th by Le Cirque. This part of the hotel is quaint and "shorter"- the actual tower of the hotel sits behind it and is very tall. Next door is Maloney and Porcelli where many of you dined this past summer when Mr Lasser got married.