Monday, October 1, 2007

Sapster Night

First things first -- I updated the comments section so that anyone can post a comment. I didn't realize it was forcing you to register - that's stupid. So please feel free to provide your own opinions as well, this should not be a one-way street.

So Sunday night's are back. Thanks to a terrible, terrible Sunday night football game we sat down to the usual Sunday lineup a little earlier than usual. 15 loads of laundry goes perfectly with Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.

We've decided to give DH three weeks to turn it around since last year was so bad following on a year that can only be described as even worse. The minute Lynette got out of bed with a bald head, I knew this was going to be a lot more serious and a lot less fun. Fun and campy was the whole point of why the show was great in year 1. The good news is, it was actually a pretty funny episode and that bodes well for experimental weeks 2 and 3. The bad news is, we have a possible molestation storyline on the horizon (again) and I am really sick of Carlos and Edie. I can see why Nicolette Sheridan and Michael Bolton seem to be perfect for each other.

Let me ask you this question about B+S? How good at driving are the Walkers? I can only assume each Walker drove seperately to the restaurant. I counted at least 2-3 Tequila shots per Walker (that they actually showed), and when the dinner didn't work out (they were all drinking on empty stomachs), they immediately headed back to the Walker house. What's more interesting is that they were stone sober when they got back -- so yeah, I guess storyline continuity isn't going to matter this year.

Anyway - I like this show. It's very sappy, very soapy, way overacted and very emotional to the point of being ridiculous...but its good. I have no logic to explain it, its just good. I will say this though - another season of the same old 'what else can go wrong to us' might become tiresome. We'll have to see. For now, I am still in.

Capped off the evening the only way any good night should end -- with some very solid, smart comedy. Larry David is a genius. A lot of people get frustrated by him, and I see that. But all I know is that he and Seinfeld point out the comedy and frustrations among the daily mundane, and Larry is still doing it brilliantly. Until last night, I never noticed that I cannot hold the phone to my 'other' ear, it just doesn't work. Surround that with some serious concerns about bathroom frequency and some classic Suzie and it was a great way to finish off the weekend.

Pretty excited to see if Chuck can keep it up (I liked the premiere) and I am also enjoying HIMYM as always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last season of Bros and Hos, I mean Sisters, was okay. I am giving it three weeks, like Op-Ed's contract with Desperate HWs. So far, I am tired of the drama, and waiting for some comic relief from this overly dramics familiy. I wish Ali McBeal would get a new character.

Jessica said...

This is better comedy than any of the aforementioned shows. Question though - will you be reviewing The Joy Luck Club?