Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sitcom Monday

As of now, the regular Monday lineup is going to include 3 CBS comedies and Chuck on NBC. 24 we will back back in the winter and by then I will down to 1 or 2 CBS comedies and Chuck will be long cancelled. But for now, this is how I am going to roll. I don't do Hereos - got to the table too late on that one, and to be frank, I am all sci-fied out right now.

Watching CBS is funny, because besides 90 minutes on Monday, I watch nothing else on this network. But from what I can tell, during any given week, there are at least 5 murdered prostitues, 3 missing kids, 2 battered spouses, and 1 child molestor all being hunted down by some combination of David Caruso, William Peterson, Mandy Patinkin (for now), Gary Sinise, and Mark Harmon. Couldn't they just make one show out of this? Like the Justice League?

Anyway, on to the night that was:

CHUCK - on the DVR schedule for tonight along with last weeks Gossip Girl and Dirty/Sexy/Money. At this point, all three Law and Orders are going to take a backseat until the Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years break. Check back to the blog in December for nothing but Mariska Hargitay and Vince Denafrio breakdowns.

How I Met Your Mother - good as always, nothing special...I enjoy this show because as far as I am concerned, no other show has come close to HIMYM when it comes to showing the reality of life in your 20's -- except the bachelor party episode last year which was just stupid. Doogie Howser can do no wrong - Barney has got to be one of the better characters to come along in the last few years. Also, Ted's rant last night about how he would do anything to get laid, but he would NEVER GO TO NEW JERSEY was outstanding. I am sure my Manhattan readership loved that scene.

Big Bang Theory - I am opening this one up to the comment section. If you watched it, let me know what you think...I don't have an opinion yet. Seems like a one-joke pony to me.

Rules of Engagement - Pretty much anything Puddy says is funny to me.
Spade: "Did you wash your hands?"
Puddy: "Sign said employees must"
I don't even mind David Spade on this show. I could take or leave Oliver Hudson, but I can tell you that most of the acting talent in that family went to his sister. Last night Heather Locklear made a guest appearance. All women should look that good when they are 65.

Tonight is make or break on Beauty and Geek - that show has been very good for three seasons but the freshness rating is quickly expiring.
I am also getting excited for PUSHING DASIES tomorrow night - every critic seems to love it and the buzz is great, so I am hoping it is excellent. I hear its a bit quirky and maybe an acquired taste, but I am excited for some originality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Hereos? BOOO!!

Unknown said...

If you DVR Chuck tonight, do you still watch NCIS, HOUSE, and BL?

Anonymous said...

Did you catch the DEAL OR NO DEAL tonight. She went pretty far.

Anonymous said...

Is there any make sexy time in these shows?