Friday, October 26, 2007

Break Me Off a Piece of That.....

As good as it gets I think. Write down the date somewhere.
The Office and 30 Rock gave their two best performances of the year last night. I didn't get to Scrubs yet and I am sure Earl was very creative or something like that, but all in all, this is by far the best Must-See Comedy lineup across the board ever.
Somewhere Jonathan Silverman, Breckin Meyer, Brooke Shields, Kirsty Alley, Christina Applegate and 100 other brutal excuses for Thursday sitcom stars are wondering what went wrong. Although kudos to Applegate for getting her show picked up for the whole year by ABC - I won't be watching it, I prefer my Christina Applegate young, dumb, slutty, and poor - and I plan to keep it that way.

THE OFFICE
"We don't want to waste your time Michael"
"Don't worry, I don't get paid by the hour. I get paid by the year"

Throw that in with Dwight Shelman's second-second life, break me off a piece of that , Michael shouting out 'Light it Up Phyllis!', Darryl and team's awesome song/harmony, Michael's final commerical (with Kelly in India and Stanley as a prisoner) and it was just awesome. Awesome.

30 ROCK
I am getting to old to remember lines from all these shows, but this episode deserves a second look (and maybe a 3rd). All I am going to say is that if you didn't respect Alec Baldwin's work before this episode...well, I don't think it gets any better than Jack Donaghy helping Tracy with his daddy issues. Oh.My.God.

I have been told I missed some old Star Wars lines from guest-star Carrie Fisher like 'Save me Liz Lemon, you are my only hope' - which is funny because I just ranted to you earlier this week about how much I love that self reflexivity crap. Huh, looks like I was too caught up in everything else to even notice. That is how well done 30 Rock is. GE Followship Award..good stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, we have it on DVR for weekend viewing.

Daddy Hoffman said...

I don't know, Pam's character is really kicking it into high gear this year. The "Beep, boo, beep" to clear Michael's lines was priceless.

I am also thoroughly enjoying Ryan and Michael's new business relationship. Classic.