Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life Off Mars: One Week

Start packing your bags kids, I think we are going back to 2008. At least I think so. I am going to assume that 'Life on Mars' is going to give us a very satisfying conclusion -- it has a successful show to model itself after, and it ran about as long as the model did. I have purposely kept myself spoiler-free since September so that I wouldn't know the ending - assuming they keep it the same -- so only one more week to go. I hope the resolution involves Sam killing his father, changing his own childhood and ending up with Annie in 2008 -- but I assume that all cannot happen.
I did really enjoy the ep last night, and as I was sitting there in awe of the exposition from the FBI agent who was explaining the whole conspiracy to Sam, it was deflated when Annie reminded him that it was all in the psych file. Damn psych file. I am glad Ray and Chris didn't die either -- I would think Sam might visit them when he gets home.

LOST
As always, I don't have a lot of comments, I save those for the experts, but I thought the episode was just OK with a crazy ending...WTF? I will borrow one theory I read and write the following words: Paging Doctor Shepard...again...

From Doc Jensen on EW.com

1 comment:

AJK said...

This theory is based on some things I've read, plus a little of my own thrown in.

Ben is dead. Please don't have Jack save him again.

Richard doesn't age. People like Richard and Jacob don't age because they are "undead" of some sort. Ben now is also "undead" or immortal or ageless or exists outside of the bounds of time - always has been. Ben wanted and needed Sayid to kill him when he was a child so that he could join the Others.

It's a paradox and one of those things that will make your head hurt if you think about it long enough, but when Ben was an adult back in the real world, he fostered the killer instinct in Sayid because he knew that he would meet Sayid when he was a boy and that Sayid would need to kill him if he was to ever join the others. Does that make sense?

Kind of like the reverse of cause and effect -- more like effect and cause.

As an adult, foster the killer in Sayid so that when you are a boy, he will kill you, so you can get where you want to be.