Thursday, February 7, 2008

Soneone Didn't Do Their Due Dilligence...

So I didn't blog about Lost. Turns out I have a lot to say but haven't felt motivated to sit down and write any of it. Maybe I will wait until tomorrow after 2 episodes are under our belts. If you give a crap what I thought about episode 1 and 2, then come on back tomorrow before noon and I will have some earth-shattering opinions for you.

Here are some other things in the TV World you might want to know about:

1. Critics and sometimes-reader SDR say AMC's 'Breaking Bad' is a pretty good show. I am looking forward to checking it out.

2. Mixed reviews all around for HBO's 'In Treatment'. My issue with the show is the time commitment -- 5 nights a week, 30 minutes, multiple weeks -- its like a having a job, and that's no fun. My dad always says having season tickets is like going to work because you are obligated to attend games instead of the excitement of getting to go to games when you want to. I can buy that argument. But that's pretty big talk from a guy who was a lifelong NorthStar and Gopher football (at Memorial Stadium) season ticket holder.

3. Lipstick Jungle premieres this week to worse reviews that Cashmere Mafia did. Can't wait....

4. The writers strike might come to an end soon. But they still have to agree on Saturday to the deal on the table, then hammer it out over the next few weeks. This season is lost, let's just hope Pilot season can be saved so we can have our old and new shows back in the Fall.

5. The local Dairy Queen ad where the shrimp finds out he is eating popcorn shrimp, then his wife asks where the kids are is borderline uncomfortable. I am still avoiding talking to the kids about what happened to Nemo's mother and siblings. They still think she is on vacation. Seriously.

6. T-Wolves playing Friday night against Boston. KG NOT PLAYING. Good investment Edward. Caveat Emptor they always told me.

And now my favorite story of the day for so many different reasons....

Will Arnett (Arrested Development, Blades of Glory, 30 Rock) was going to be the voice of KITT in the new Knight Rider TV movie in a couple of weeks. I am assuming the movie was finished as was Arnett's work. But guess what....
You see, Arnett had done voice-over work for General Motors in the past, and the new KITT is a Ford. So Arnett is out. Seriously. Out. For that....
And to make the story even more odd, Val Kilmer is in. Really? Val Kilmer coming in to be the voice of KITT at the last second makes me wonder what the hell happened to the former Batman and action star of the 90's...

Either way, should still be one hell of a TV movie with probably no cheesy dialogue or poor special effects. It's going to be great.

No comments: