Friday, February 22, 2008

LOST BREAKDOWN: Week 4

I saw it coming. I really did. Right away. I never do usually, but for some reason this one seemed fairly obvious to me. They tried to throw it off with some hot Sawyer-Kate action and pregnancy talk, but they milked the whole 'please hold my baby kate....I'm not good with kids' bit a little too close together from when Kate said 'her son' could not testify.
Either way, still chilling, still interesting, still awesome.

My assumption/hope is that at some point in the last season we will be all caught up to the flash forwards. And then a boy can dream, but it would nice if Hannibal, Face, and BA join up with the Oceanic 6 to go back to the island, or wherever, and get the rest of the lostaways. I picture a heart-breaking scene where a hand-cuffed and sad Claire makes her Sophie's choice and hands Kate the baby as she is boarding a chopper saying "take care of m'baby! tell 'em I luv 'em!
I assume they are all still alive somewhere.

Interesting to see Jack under oath talking about there being only 6 survivors.
Interesting that Ghostbuster guy wants $3.2 million from Ben Linus. His story is going to be so awesome when it all plays out. This is one path I believe the writers have carefully carved out and it looks very intriguing.
We will know the remaining 2 Oceanic 6 survivors within the next two weeks. I wonder if its going to be Sun and Jin -- because Locke most likely won't be one, I doubt it is Rose and Bernard...Claire isn't for sure...Desmond and Juliet were not on the plane. Charlie, Boon, Shannon, Ana Lucia, Libby, and others are dead. Am I missing anyone of value here? Sawyer? Maybe...
I love that John Locke cooked a chicken and invited everyone over to dinner.

It was a good episode overall I thought, with a nice finish. I actually didn't start watching until after 1 AM last night (buddy in town.drinks), so unfortunately I was super tired and probably missed some things here or there, but I might give it another run this weekend.

What else did you notice? Let me know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your enjoying the continued panko LOST comments. But anyway, I thought this episode was rather boring, I always think Lost episodes are good, but this one just didn't really do it for me.

A friend of mine was gonna be late for this episode so I was supposed to fill him in with what happened when he got there. I hate doing this but it was easy this time. Kate is on trial in the future, freighter dude wants to talk to Ben, Ben is mentally dominating Locke as usual. THAT'S ALL THAT HAPPENED IN 20 MINUTES!

But like you said there was some good stuff. Arron thing was a little predictable but it should be interesting to see why he's off the island given the psychics prediction how Claire has to raise the baby. And why does Jack refuse to see it?

3.2 million has some sort of significance but no idea what yet.

I agree on the Ben story, that's what I'm really excited to hear. I have the sneaking suspicion though that they are saving most of that for one of the final seasons.

Anonymous said...

whats the significance with the name aaron? is it saywer's baby or jack's? im confused!

Anonymous said...

Can we get your thoughts on the Oscars?

Anonymous said...

I thought Jack said "8" people survived the crash... who are the two that didn't make it back?

Michelle- Aaron is Claire's kid, Kate obviously takes him saying he's Kate's.

Lost is writing this season for the people who didn't feel they learned anything week to week. But it's working. Best show on TV, period!