Thursday, January 10, 2008

No More Gossip...

I will miss Chuck Bass and he is semi-evil yet sadly lonely ways. I will miss Blair Waldorf in all her bitchy yet hollow and confused and low self esteem ways. I will miss Rufus and Lily, I will miss Jenny as she continues to successfully climb the ladder. I will miss Nate Archibald and his issues with the Captain. I will not miss Dan and Serena so much since they annoy the hell out of me -- but all in all, no more Gossip Girl for a long time until this strike is settled.
Looks like they are going to re-air the partial season starting next week on Mondays - so if you enjoy, have enjoyed, might enjoy, or are thinking about enjoying a teen drama -- I recommend this one to you. Also, Kristin Bell as the voice of Gossip Girl is great. This show is very well done.

Successfully avoided Cashmere Mafia last night. I told Lauren I will try once more and then I will probably have to move it into the category of Lifetime shows I will never, ever watch (copyright Army Wives, Side Order of Life, anything with Tori Spelling, etc).

I believe the new PBS mini-series 'The Jewish Americans' starts next Wednesday (EDIT -- it started last night which means its already on the TIVO). The reviews are rave and some people who saw a preview snippit said it was very well done and quite compelling. The total running time over 3 weeks is 6 hours -- so by my calculation, everyone gets about 5 seconds on the air. My profile will air in hour 5 between Leonard Nimoy and Gene Simmons.

Everytime I see a print ad for DirecTV or Dish Network I stare longer and longer. I want to pull the trigger so I can have the Big Ten Network and rid myself of Comcast, but I am still overly concerned about OnDemand content on Comcast being better, and more importantly the whole 'satellite outages during storms' thing. SDS Express of Minnetonka tells me his DishNetwork has survived all storms so far this year, but his installation story was so horrid I am really torn. I also need an HD DVR, a DVR, and an HD box, so I figure when its all said and done, it will cost about the same as what I have now -- but MORE BADGER HOOPS.

I haven't seen a sitcom in who knows how long -- 30 Rock is back tonight!!!!! I think we have 1 or 2 left and color me excited.

"You know you love me, XOXO Gossip Girl."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You missed the PBS beginning by one week, last night was the first week, preceded by a retrospective on "late Night" TV hosts.