Tuesday, January 29, 2008

DISASTER STRIKES!!!

My 9th worst nightmare happened. The other eight are pretty bad, but in context, number nine blows. Hard.
You see, the old boob tube froze up last night. It's happened before, Comcast isn't perfect, in fact, they blow too. Hard.
So I unplugged the DVR as I have many, many times before. But this time disaster struck. When I started it back up again the old DVR showed 0% space used up.

ZERO PERCENT.

Here is what is gone:
1. All my settings for shows to record and the supporting meta-data: First run, repeats, start times, end time extensions, how many to save, etc...
2. Pushing Daisies -- all 10 episodes
3. Chuck -- all 10 episodes
4. DirtySexyMoney - all 10 episodes
5. Sarah Connor Chronicles -- all 4 episodes
6. All our kids programming including the kick-ass 50 minute Backyardigans Knight movie. Which if you've seen it, you know it rocks. And did I mention it's 50 minutes?

So here I am, like Bruce Banner at the end of an episode of 'The Incredible Hulk'. And just because they called him David Banner, doesn't take away from the analogy -- I am lost, wearing only my tattered clothes, hitchhiking down the road trying to figure out what is next for me. Cue awesome closing music. Fade Out.

So I will start over. I will rent season 1 on DVD of all three shows -- something to do this summer. And maybe I will go to bed a little earlier the next few weeks. Maybe my wife and I will find the time to continue the elementary school debate before the clock hits midnight. I wasn't going to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles anyway. I think they still publish books, right? Plus now I am free to enjoy Eli Stone and pick up another couple of shows and still have room on the DVR...

Lemons. Lemonade. Sold.

3 nights until LOST. Full review coming this weekend.

3 comments:

PhaniJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PhaniJ said...

Sorry to hear that. Recovering those lost episodes is near to impossible.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can visit your folks a little more often now. We aren't getting any younger, you know.