Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008

We got home from dinner and fireworks about 945 (eastern time) and put the kids to bed somehow. Watched the ball drop with our good friends Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest on ABC and a little Carson Daly on NBC. I am not as much of a night owl as I used to be so I rarely see the Carson Daly Show which is on right after 30 minutes of station identification I think. He is so small? Is he sick? He looks terrible, it was distracting -- almost as distracting as special guest A-Rod who officially has nothing to bring to the table at a new years eve telecast. You love New York A-Rod? Its a great city? Thanks. Why don't you throw some one dollar bills in the air and make it rain a little, huh?
I have nothing against ageless celebrities who stroke out then try to make a triumphant TV comeback. It was heartwarming when Dick Clark did it last year. This year it was just downright creepy. And you know who enjoyed it the least? Seacrest. You could just tell.
Also this, after the episode of Friends where Ross wanted to be a New Years Eve dancer gave away the secret that the indoor dancing bits are filmed like a month in advance, I can't really get up for that part anymore. I am sure Fergie did a great job 'hosting' from LA last week, but I just flipped to Anderson Cooper who was continously assualted by Kathy Griffen, his co-host all night. She is great in small doses. Really small. So yesterday was a perfect forum for her. I think she asked Anderson if after the telecast he was flying to Islamabad. Good stuff.

As I type this Hawaii is getting their ass kicked. Illinios made the Big 10 look terrible in a game they never should have been invited to. BCS 0 for 2 right now.

Finally, I took Max (4) to his first Badger game today. I am not saying I am a freaky wierd emotional guy, but I teared up a little bit when the Badgers came out to the school song and Max was clapping along. I am admittedly super gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Outback Bowl Badgers game experience: excellent
game itself: very good
Outcome: very poor
Garmin GPS alternative stadium directions: poor (as in 'we took a tour of the poor part of Tampa')
Raymond James Stadium: well appointed. Thats what someone said, I have no idea what that even means.
Max's consumption: Hot Pretzel, Chicken Fingers, Fries, Cracker Jacks, Dippin Dots (mint chocolate chip)
First time Max asked to leave the game: mid 1st-quarter and about every 30 minutes after for the next 3.5 hours
Max's favorite part: Halftime show
Max's least favorite part: Four F-14's flyover in formation after national anthem. Slightly loud and a little upsetting it turns out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you had eaten that much in a game, you would have 'ralphed' and we would have had to leave. Good job Max!