Friday, January 11, 2008

30 Rock'd Again

The first unsolicited email response to last night's 30 Rock came in around 10:30, just before I was getting ready to watch. The message was simple, "too much kenneth".
The second response came well before 10:30 in the form of a voice mail, but was not picked up until the following morning. That message was pretty simple too - "very creative".

The difference in the two messages could not have been more clear to me - there are two camps of 30 Rock fans, those that like Kenneth and those who don't. And what I have noticed, is that if you don't like him, then its hard to move past it and remember that the rest of the episode was PURE GENIUS.

Me? I am in the 'I like Kenneth Camp', so I was undeterred by the email, and furthermore basked in the continued greatness that is this program. The best part is that most fans and ALL the critics know how good this show is, and they are all celebrating it while its still going (in season 2 no less). And the freaky thing is...it just keeps getting better -- Tina and Co. are obviously aware of their greatness and media/fan celebrated creativity, but they continue to crank out great work. Just some personal highlights for me last night:

-Midnight Train to Georgia was fantastic
-Children mine workers in PA
-The opening sequence where Jack was taking meetings (his 11 and his 11:10)
-The whole Liz buying a condo storyline
-Grizz and DotCom
-"This is New York, the Big Easy"

Anyway, I loved it and I am not exactly sure if there are more episodes in the can or not -- I will get right on that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What more can u say about this creative show. The writing is terriffic and Tina Fay wins the award last night.

Erin said...

That was the last show in the can. I also heard that none of the actors who are also writers appeared in this episode. Maybe that was why there was so much Kenneth?