Friday, November 16, 2007

You know your hair is your 'head suit'

I laughed at The Office more thinking about it then I did while watching it. That seems to happen a lot. Someone should come up with a name for that phoenomenon. Now I have to go back and watch it again - the deposition was excellent and the whole 'whose on first/that's what she said' bit was very well done. Also well done is everything that happens between Toby and Michael.

30 Rock was epic end-to-end. I love you Tina Fey. I used to hate you so much and your smug looks into the camera on SNL what with your snarky news casting. And then you come along and steal my heart with the smartest and funniest sitcom since maybe ever. Between The Office, 30 Rock, and Scrubs - there has never been 90 more consecultively creative minutes in television history. Quote me, book it, try to prove otherwise.

Quick hit thoughts from 30 Rock (sorry Peter King):
- The Head Suit bit
- Fred Armison's guest shot as terrorist/Reality TV Wannabe
- The opening scene with the Rerun dance
- Edie Falco's guest shot as CC (D-Vermont)
- Kenneth's killer ape
- The Verizon bit **

**Speaking of the Verizon bit, I think we have a winner of the Op-Ed TV 2007 Self Reflexive TV Moments Award. When Tina Fey stared down the camera Zach Morris style and asked Verizon for her money - that was favorite moment of 2007 I think. I don't even know what happened, but I can guess a product placement deal went bad and Fey decided to stick it to Verizon in the most creative way possible. It was great and fit in perfectly with the show - it wasn't even a strech.

Some other notes:
-Scrubs was good as usual. It's always good. That is probably the best way to describe it. Funny, clever, interesting, thought provoking. Its never awesome, killer, hillarios, side-splitting, cutting, or buzz-worthy -- its just plain good. The sad thing is, if the strike doesn't end soon -- Scrubs will probably never see the series finale it deserves.

I see some shows are now telling their actors that they are on half-pay leave. This means 5 weeks from now their deals end, they get fired, or the studio has to pay them to stay on within their contracts and just sit and wait. Fun. Meanwhile, there is no end in site. Good news for me -- I still haven't started CHUCK, DIRTY SEXY MONEY, PUSHING DASIES, and have 4 GOSSIP GIRLS all in the hopper. SWEET FOR ME.

Have a good Thanksgiving everyone -- this guy is on hiatus....

No comments: