Monday, November 5, 2007

Perspective

The everyday things in life can really work you up. But it is an event like a Hollywood writers strike that really helps put things in perspective. I mean Pakistan has no constitution, Turkey is in a border battle that is much different than a Badger-Gopher game, we still seem to be fighting a war in Iraq (according to some newspapers), and Britney Spears has been granted some visitation with the children – but when the future of 24, Lost, and the first half of 2008 original programming are threatened, you really need to sit down and take a look around.

I am not going to blog about the overall impact network-by-network, TV Guide already did it. They pay people to do things like that. Then I get to tell you where to find it. Like right here: http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Strike-Watch-Season/800059822

This strike will not affect the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, no one has been writing jokes for that show in about 10 years. Hey-oh. I would cross the picket line by the way if they needed some help on The Daily Show, The Office, 30 Rock, Colbert Report, 24, or Lost. I am not saying they are going to come calling, I am just saying that I would cross. Do you think they will call? I once wrote a 10 minute newscast in 5th grade, but it killed. I also once wrote the first 10 minutes of the movie I am never going to make. But its awesome. Of course when I wrote it, I had the role of the 17 year star slated for James VanDerBeek, so you know – it’s collecting some dust. Just like James. Hey-Oh. Hire me, seriously.

Speaking of collecting dust, Lauren was shocked that Danny Glover would be on ‘Brothers and Sisters’ last night. Yeah I know, I am surprised his schedule opened up. Between getting ignored by racist cab drivers and making absolutely crazy political statements seen as anti-American, he has been super busy waiting by the phone for Mel Gibson to call. Unfortunately these days, that call won’t be about Lethal Weapon 6, but a need for bail money, or the answer to his anti-Semitic crossword puzzle.

“What’s a 4 letter word for a Jew starting with K?”

“Oh that’s right…‘Kyle’. The cute Jewish kid from South Park

Hey-Oh. Seriously, call me.

This just in, one of the best reasons to watch Brothers and Sisters, Emily Van Camp, looks like complete crap with that new haircut which is all bangs and no face. Seriously, WTF?

SUBJECT CHANGE: I have been told this season of South Park is out of control funny and super-offensive. I will try to find some time to check it out. I believe there have been several references to the rape of Strawberry Shortcake. So if you are into clever jokes about molesting children’s characters, I guess this is the season you have been waiting for.

I also enjoyed that episode of 'Adrian Peterson single handedly dismantles the San Diego Chargers and their 7th ranked run defense'. It was a good show. Started slowly but really picked up midway through. I am hoping for a sequel.

The rumor is that Thursday night’s 30 Rock is about as good as any episode has ever been. The critics loved it. So, the bar has been raised. Sorry to raise your expectations, but aren’t you excited now?

And also - call me.

No comments: