Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bad Blogger...

How dare me. I think I have upset my fanbase of 2 by not posting in almost two weeks. The holidays get tough for me. My real father was killed by a wild turkey in Abbas Abbera in 1972 and its very tramautic for all of us still.

Anyway, the show must go on (at least until we run out of new ones soon).
This TV season, strike or not, has been amazing in terms of consective new episodes. Several shows I watch how gone re-run free since late September, that is insane. Because the season has been starting toward the end of September and not the beginning, and November is sweeps -- in most cases you seem to get 8 or 9 shows in a row. Good times, but I can't really catch up on anything else.
Once the strike and the new year hit home, I do have every episode of DirtySexyMoney, Earl, Las Vegas, Chuck, and Pushing Dasies ready to go. I am actually looking forward to it.

Most recently watched at the Hoffman house were three episodes of 'Gossip Girl' and we are loving it right now. The Thanksgiving debacle was a pleasure to watch unfold as Dan and Serena learned of their parent's past history. That was good stuff. I read a good interview with Josh Schwartz on TVguide.com where he talks about how much this show differs from the O.C. and how funny it is to him that the 'teen drama' that the Gossip Girl cast grew up on was the O.C. -- I am getting old I think. Even Josh Schwartz is like 22 years old and running two network shows right now (he also produces Chuck). Long story longer...if you are or were watching Gossip Girl, its come back pretty strong and been a good watch.

The Thanksgiving episode, or should I say, Slapsgiving episode of HIMYM was fantastic. I also enjoyed the 'yips' episode this week as Barney made a fool of himself at the Victoria Secret party. Reminded me of me on my best day unfortunately. That show has been A+ all year and I hope people are watching..if not, since they have run 9 in a row, the reruns will be coming soon.
I still find Big Bang Theory annoying, but its watchable when you have 22 minutes to kill and the critics seem to love it, so its for sure sticking around.

Bones is my favorite crime procedural, but you already knew that. The last two episodes - the continuation of the Gormagon serial killer story line and the Christmas episode were both really fun, funny, and touching too. I really like the way this show is paced, written, and acted. Check it out please if you have not -- it looks like Bones will be in reruns until January or later...I have also heared rumors of FOX moving it to Friday night for some reason. Stupid FOX. Settle the strike, get Jack Bauer back to work, and keep Bones on Tuesday or Wednesday where people will find it (before Idol).

30 Rock is new tonight..yeah! The Office is closed for the time being, so as far as brilliant comedy goes, this is it for awhile...and Scrubs too of course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am back from Turkey hunting!