Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome Liz Lemmmmmmmoooooooon!

Oh Liz Lemon and your psychedelic anti-anxiety mood stabilizer pills. The things you think you see.
What a great 30 Rock, so smart and funny. Kudos to you Tiny Fey again for re-focusing the show back on a powerful Jack Donaghy and a centered Liz Lemon -- it makes all the other character's eccentricities work better, when there are two 'sane' people running the crazy house.
The Oprah cameo, like the previous Megan Mullaly cameo were perfect -- understated and not dominant. Appropriate for the storyline and not forced for the sake of the appearance. Me likes the 30 Rock so far.

The Office was on its game this week -- I wonder if its because this is the most screen time Pam-Jim have had together in a year, and their banter and reactions to the goings-0n were front and center again, like they used to be. BRING HER HOME.
I think this episode to me will always be remembered for the sales training -- in fact, I think it might just go down as one of the more classic The Office scenes of all time. In fact, "BUTTLICKER, OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER" is probably burned into my cultural lexicon from here until the end.

Fell asleep during 'Gary Unmarried' - I am pretty sure the freshness label on this show expired about 2 weeks ago, I will have to go check.

No comments: