Thursday, November 20, 2008

The TV Blahs...

Yeah, I got em. Bad.

MONDAYS:
I look forward to HIMYM and Big Bang, but HIMYM is just not the same this year. It's coming back to form with a single Ted again, but still not there. I guess I still look forward to 'Gossip Girl' as well. This night is still a solid B+

TUESDAYS:
'Fringe' is one of my shows that I look forward to. It doesn't have 'hurry up and get home and put the kids to bed' status, but it has DVR-Triage status. It usually gets watched on its night of airing - that says a lot. Tuesday also gives us SVU, sick and sadistic as ever this year. But in a good way I suppose (whatever that means). I did not enjoy this recent outing about animal trafficking. Yuck.

WEDNESDAY:
I can take or leave the CBS comedy block. I usually take it when I need to fill 22 minutes before falling asleep. I do like me some 'Knight Rider' still. I know, I know, it's crap. Nobody says a little candy in one's diet is going to harm them. And I am back to watching the original 'Law and Order' again, but in three episodes I can tell you this -- still can't finish one in one sitting. Just not compelling TV anymore. But to me, any Law and Order episode is like Diet Pepsi, it's about 90 percent of my daily diet. 'DirtySexyMoney' has been disappointing, that's all I am going to say.

THURSDAY:
This day still gets an A, just for NBC 8-9 PM (central) comedy and 'Life on Mars'

FRIDAY:
I like the 'Numbers' program. What am I, 88 years old? I think I might be. No wonder I am compelled to buy Geritol and buy a health plan from Wilford Brimley or a laxative from Jamie Lee Curits, or some arthritis drug from Sally Field. I see these ads because I watch shows that old people watch I guess. I do however not watch the NCIS which everyone says is awesome.

SATURDAY:
SNL still sucks. It's going to suck this week with Tim McGraw. Book it.

SUNDAY:
Still watching the Housewives and the Bros/Sis bit, but I also get Mad Men (when its in season), Sunday Night Football (in season) and 'The Family Guy' which means I must still be in my 30's, since I really love this show. Read up on the success of Seth McFarlane (FamGuy creator), it is really interesting stuff.

I also probably watch about 10 more shows I didn't list here, but they must be so good I can't even remember their names. Thank goodness for college hoops season -- even more to watch 5-7 nights per week.

1 comment:

joepa said...

you have to get "Chuck" on your Monday schedule. good fun.