Thursday, December 6, 2007

Not Much To Say...

Not a lot going on in the TV world right now to write about. The strike is still going which means we will get 8 episodes of Lost this year, no 24, and if this thing keeps on going into January - most likely we won't have a fall season in the fall.

I was not feeling all that well this week so I was home for 1.5 days. I did catch up on 10 episodes of 'My Name is Earl'. It's a clever show. It goes by quickly and it's very well acted. The funny thing is, Jamie Pressly is the best part of that show, and just a few short years ago I thought of her as a worthless ex-playboy centerfold who only did crappy B-Movies like 'Poison Ivy 2' and made very anti-semetic cracks on the Howard Stern show. I think she is probably still all of those things, but she is also fabulous and hillarious as Joy and makes that show worth watching (along with Randy and Darnell).

I also watched about 5 episodes of 'CSI: Miami' because they are all available in Comcast On-Demand. This show is fucking terrible. Its shot in bright pastel hues, David Carruso is ridiculous, and you don't even get to help solve the crime as they just drop new evidence in every 10 minutes and then wrap up the case. Half of the show is spent showing someone working in the lab to techno music and odd camera angles and split screens for the sake of odd camera angles and split screens. What a stupid show. No more for me.

Gossip Girl was good again last night -- it seems to be a re-hash of the same show every week more or less, but its fun to watch and pretty harmless. For escapism I give it a solid 10.

We do have new Scrubs and 30 Rock tonight -- so enjoy them while you can!!!

No comments: