Friday, December 14, 2007

30 Rocked

I have heard mixed reviews today of last night's 30 Rock. I am giving it a thumbs up. First of all, I will be wishing everyone a very merry Ludachristmas from now on, and I love Jack's mom. Her loving dispproval is perfect and who doesn't love the talented Elaine Strich?
Lemon's parents on the other hand? Cute. It was a cute bit. And Liz's comment that its been smooth sailing since Carter left office and Jack quickly agreeing was well played. I also loved all the Cherie/writers banter about the holiday party. If you are a Kenneth hater, then I can see where this show went south for you. If you enjoy Kenneth, then you probably agree that it was a pretty good holiday episode.
I am sure we can all agree though that the 30 Rock American Express funtime commercials blow and are not funny. Points for trying the integrated marketing approach...Negative points because they aren't funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must really be stressful to be a TV blogger during the writers strike. I certainly feel for you, but I guess that leaves more book time for you, Max and Tessa.

A New Year's Wish for all of us--may the strike be over soon. You're creative juices need an outlet.