Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Vacation House TV Breakdown

Living the high life out here in Bonita Springs, FLA for the next 12 days. Thats right, 12 days. Don't even think of robbing my casa though, I got 2 security systems, neighbors on the lookout, and absolutely nothing worth taking anyway.

The in-laws rented a place in a compound community half way between Fort Myers and Naples. I think this location would be useful for me if say I wanted to finally make it out to Spring Training. Someday that will happen I hope. For now, it will have to serve as my escape from crappy weather.

Its new construction so my hope was that it would have wireless internet and perhaps some decent televisions. It was happily correct on both accounts.

The one in my room is about 9 inches, and the TV is 12 (hey-oh)...I won't be watching that set. I brought a book and am going to try to re-teach myself how to read. In the living room we have a nice Vizio HD 46" flat panel -- bingo. ONE FUCKING PROBLEM -- only basic cable. Who am I, Dave Cecchi?

HDTV + Basic Cable = distorted pixilated basic cable with about 45 channels and no on-screen programming guide, no pause, no rewind...its like living in 2003 all over again and I am scared. How did people used to do it?
I am kidding of course, I am going to make it. I'm just saying, if you're going to go 75%, finish the frickin job compound condo owner.

Also this - haven't watched any TV yet because its 80 and awesome.
Final random thought of the holiday season -- the more time I spend using the pause and rewind feature on the DVR, the more I expect to be able to use it in other places in life. Sometimes I would like to playback something I heard on the radio or something the Mrs. said because I wasn't listening. I am not getting all 'bad Adam Sandler movie about a guy with a remote control whose name I can't remember...Click, yes, thats it', this is for real -- a lot of times my initial reaction is to want to do that, and then I realize I can't. Stupid habits.

Safe new years to all...enjoy the 900 syndicated 2007 year in review shows between now and next Tuesday. I will be rocking it at the Outback Bowl on new years day Wisco style.

No comments: