Friday, December 21, 2007

Tis the Season...

There are plenty of blogs out there that blog about other blogs. How meta can you get? This is someone elses bit that I am borrowing for the opener, but my point here is that I am about to tell you again that this blog post is about how hard it is to post when there is very little to blog about.
How would the politicos and the Drudges of the world fill interweb space if politics went on strike or all major celebs/politicans actually didn't break the law so often? They wouldn't. They would write posts that say, "I wish I had something to say but unfortunately Washington is on strike and no congressmen were involved in the knocking up of Jamie Lynn Spears...

Wait! A topic I can run with, and I bet no one has commented on her pregnancy yet on the internet. It's good to the be the first. Basically my take comes down to this - Lauren told me at first that she just figured this story would go away. I asked her to name another A,B,C, or even D list teen celeb who got knocked up and DECIDED TO KEEP IT! I have no doubts that the young Hollywood A-list has terminated several pregnancies to keep reputations and careers moving forward...I am just saying in this case, you already have a sterotypical Southern Trailer Trash family taking it to a whole 'nother level - down to the fact that the father is a 19 year old pipelayer, son of a mill worker and she wants to raise the kid in Louisiana so it will have a 'normal life'. I suppose that is better than the way her sister is (is not) raising her children. But who am I to give parenting advice. My kids are watching Scooby Doo and the highlight of their week was going to the movies to see Chimpmunks fart on people and poop on the couch.

Gossip Girl is still on - so we had something original to watch this week. As stated here earlier, each week: same show, different outfits.

My people in the reality TV world are telling me that Real Housewives is brutal this year and Lauren hasn't been watching Project Runway so I can't speak to that one even third-hand at this point.

American Gladiators is about to begin on NBC -- I highly recommend you spent about 4 miunutes on their website (nbc.com) and check out the new gladiators and their names. It is almost too cute for words that they brought this show back.

Cashmiere Mafia vs. Lipstick Jungle. I am actually going to watch both of these shows so I can fairly compare and contrast them for you right here in this space EVERY WEEK. Or once maybe. But since (as mentioned before) there is very little to watch, I may have to sink down into these programs.

Lost will be back for 8 episodes toward the end of January - thank god.

Normally I watch about 16 hours of college basketball per week too, but with no BIG 10 NETWORK on Comcast, I am nominiating this to be the worst TV period ever in the history of mankind since or at least since Johnny left to let that douchebag Leno take over. Speaking of which - Leno comes back sans writers after the new year. Maybe he will be funnier when he is forced to write his own material like he was in the early 80's when he was very, very funny.

merryludacrismas everyone.

No comments: