Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is It Getting Hot in Here?

The answer is no.
Tonight there are three guys in my basement trying to fix the furnace. It started with one guy, and now we're pushing 11 PM and there are three trucks outside. I don't pretend to know anything about furnaces, but I am assuming a newer unit that is younger than most high school kids shouldn't be the cause of a city-wide APB. Now I have three trucks here. These fine gentlemen are off at midnight, so I am not sure if they are planning to sleep over or what the protocol is. I will be offering them beer if we get this thing fired up again.
So the TV watching has been a big fat zero tonight as there is no way I am watching the last 'The Office' and '30 Rock' of 2008 knowing that my house is 64 degrees and I might have to pretend to understand what the hell is going on. In related news, kudos to CenterPoint Energy and the Service Plus team for working on this a lot this week. Total number of man hours by my count? 16 since last week. I think we're getting close, we have to be....

No comments: