Sunday, April 13, 2008

SNL OK? **

Was it?** I didn't hate it, so that means it must have been tolerable, even funny at times I think. I shouldn't be surprised to say it, they were due for an episode with at least three good sketches in it - even Weekend Update cranked up the funny a little bit. Normally I hate Weekend Update guests that aren't 'real cameo' guests, but Kristin Wiig's 'just kidding' routine was impressive and even Armisen's 'newspaper reading comedian' made me chuckle.
I thought the opening skit was ANOTHER FRICKIN' RETREAD on the Obama gets a free ride campaign they have been beating into us for weeks now. But the monologue wasn't bad considering it was Ashton Kutcher, the cougars skit was actually funny (thanks to a great Cameron Diaz cameo), the Digital Short was good because it was a very nice rip on Gnarls Barkley and I respect them for going through with it, and the 'Death by Chocolate' thing had some legs. Literally. I have already blanked out on the rest of it.

**My in-laws were here since Wednesday, so it's possible anything was going to be funny. I keed, I keed.

No comments: