Friday, April 18, 2008

The Office: Rewind

I'm getting ready to go on vacation, so don't come back here next week. Take some time off, but don't forget about me. I am sure I might have a few things to say about the viewing habits of the natives on Turks and Caicos. I figure if I ask them pointed questions about their TV viewing, then I can write the trip off as a business expense. Of course this blog is not a business, but I am sure we can work something out. In the meantime, I did some research, and it looks like Beaches clearly has several American channels available to be me. But BREAKING NEWS, I am actually planning to not watch TV for the next seven days - turns out they have these things full of sand and water called beaches, and of course all you can eat. So I will probably come back burned, 20 pounds heavier, poor, and if I am lucky at least no one will have spoiled the new 'Gossip Girl' airing this Monday on CW.

Regarding Mondays at 7 central. We have Big Bang/HIMYM on CBS, Gossip Girl on CW, Bones on FOX, and Greek on FAM. I knew there was a reason I have 3 DVRs. I am going to need a new tool to remind me which TV everything is on, but thank god the strike is over.

Oh yeah, The Office. Funny. Sometimes laugh out loud funny (thanks Phyllis!). I think Michael Scott also invented a new word or two I might to sneak into my vocabulary. I enjoyed meeting the 5 families, I look forward to more of that. And you know what, the writers (BJ Novak in this case) do a great job keeping Pam and Jim cute and interesting, and it really doesn't affect the show one bit. It was great to be back inside the office this week with Oscar, Phyllis, Kevin, Andy, Creed, Angela, Stanley and the gang. Andy's goodbye dance to the construction trucks was replayed in my house several times last night. He is a great character and Ed Helms plays it subtle and perfect.

Didn't get through 30 Rock, but great to see the Beeper King again. "Stern Rules, Ba Ba Booey. I say Subway, you say hero."
Just classic stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two chairs down, only one more to go. I'd argue that was funnier than 90% of the big laughs from the dinner party.

this episode won me back.