Thursday, March 13, 2008

LOST BREAKDOWN: Week 7

A Tale of Two Losts...

I have no problem admitting that I don't care much for Sun and Jin - their backstory or their current story. But I am now a little intrigued about their future story.

Over the past five years the DVR has inexplicably FF'd through many Sun and Jin moments. I am no xenophobe, and I don't even mind subtitles, and I love Daniel Dae Kim who kicked some awesome ass on 'Angel' back in the day. I just don't like Sun and Jin. Remember how much everyone hated the Jack backstory about the tattoo that was a total waste of time? Yeah, thats how I get when the flashback/forward crescendo kicks in and the next thing I see is Sun or Jin.

Anywho, on with the show.

Let's take this one piece at a time:

1. Sun and Jin (presumably) are the last two members of the Oceanic 6.
[WAIT...this is a late edit here...It just dawned on my about 10 hours later than Sun had a flashforward and Jin had a flashback. Oh God. What the hell was that?]
2. Because Sun and Jin got off the island, the magnetic 'Desmond-Farrady theory' or magnetism takes on a whole new meaning now...right? See previous post if I lost you on this one....[EDIT: Well, at least Sun got off...theory lives on.]
3. Jin is dead, or at least to Sun who seems pretty convinced of it. So he is either dead for real, or dead because he is still on the island or died on the island. Either way, Sun is very sad for real.
4. Well I was wrong, the big surprise was that Michael was on the boat. I was about as surprised as I was this morning to learn that Spitzer's 22-year-old whore had a MySpace page. Wow, breaking news.
I am kind of annoyed its Michael only because they built it up so much, and we kind of knew all along. Anyway -- now that we know, I look forward to finding out his new backstory and where the hell old man Walt is. [EDIT: Do you think Michael will be the sixth survivor of the crash? It very well could be him...but then what about Walt? Just a thought]
5. We are on day 3 of the freighter and rescue team on the island -- still no one really asks any questions...and then when they do...no one EVER FOLLOWS UP.
6. Good information on Charles Widmore having the fake black box and supposedly Ben being behind the staging on a fake crash with 300+ dead people. We have a very compelling conspiracy on our hands, and I for one AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT (as long as it doesn't involve Sun and Jin's backstory).
8. HURLEY IN A SUIT!

What else did I miss, if you have something interesting, post a comment.

No comments: