Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Rewind: Mini-Version

Celebrity Apprentice
I didn't think I would enjoy this season, but I really did. The tasks were very interesting, the cast amusing, annoying, brilliant, stupid, and aggravating were fun to watch each week. Of course the problem was NBC's idea that this show could be 2 hours per week and have a 3-hour finale. No it cannot. And thanks to the power of the DVR, it never was.
I was rooting for Annie Duke last night - she played the game splendidly - and didn't go there to make friends or grow her fame. She is who she is. Joan Rivers on the other hand was a train wreck to watch. She is hillarious, talented, smart, crazy, vindictive, crazy and a little crazy too. Her poor daughter is a walking byproduct of her mother's over-protective and insane nature. She is a sweet woman too, and looks like a Picasso painting. But Joan did win 2/3 tasks last night and took home the prize. You can't convince me otherwise, but I bet her deal with Trump included her daughter being cast on the show and a win for Joan -- it seemed obvious from day 1 that she was going to win. Props to Annie Duke though.

The Office / 30 Rock
I loved 'Cafe Disco' on 'The Office' -- some episodes are just downright touching in a comedic way, and this one was a nice example. '30 Rock' had some great lines as well and I look forward to Alan Alda's assumed story arc.

Didn't watch much else what with the mothers day and the travelling. The DVR is swelling up, but this week is about to GET INSANE:

Monday night 24, only 2 episodes left!
Tuesday night Fringe finale!
Wednesday night 2 hour LOST finale!!!
Thursday night The Office finale!!!
And then I can get around to catching up on everything else until next week's 2-hour 24 finale!!!

No comments: