Friday, January 9, 2009

Week in Review...

I am really looking forward to next week - a full slate of original programming on all networks. It is going to kick off with 4 hours of 24 over two nights -- watching this is like having a second job. I already had to clear the time with the Mrs. and let her know I will be working both nights.
You can't exactly wait until Monday to watch all four hours - that gets long - something like 3 total hours to get through it plus breaks. So it needs to be done over two nights. And let me add this -- you cannot wait and spread it out over the upcoming week for two reasons:
1. This show is too good not to be consumed in large doses, it is more fun that way.
2. The Spoiler Assholes will be out in full force - they already are. If I had a nickle for every article telling me HOW GREAT THE FIRST FOUR HOURS ARE AND HERE IS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN...I would have a quarter.

And now 'Lost' is only 2 weeks away....

I did end this TV week with a great '30 Rock' last night. I think this show is back in top form this season and Baldwin and Fey are killing it right now. This show is not for everyone, it is really out there, but damn its funny. I am thinking about getting a Tracy Jordan dollar-bill shirt.

Also watched 'Knight Rider' because I read the revamp is on and its going to look and feel more like the original series -- guess what, not there yet. It really sucks. Probably the worst show on TV that I still watch every week. Deanna Russo is still hot, and from what I read, she survived the Knight Industries layoffs that should be coming. This week we learned that if you need a disguise, KITT can just quickly make it and it comes out of the glove compartment - the same compartment that difuses bombs, makes contacts and voice changers, and I think vends pizza by the slice. My Minivan does not do this -- and most days the doors don't close electronically either. Stupid American cars.

No comments: