Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trust Me: A Review in Short Order

I am going to try and review the new TNT Drama 'Trust Me' Twitter style -- 140 characters or less. This is going to a challenge for me given my penchant for verbosity...but I will try.

The show airs on Monday nights at 9 central on TNT (We Know Drama) and stars Eric McCormack (Will and Grace) and Tom Cavanaugh (Ed) and Monica Potter (some movies I am sure I saw) and is about advertising agency life in Chicago...in otherwords, a modern day Mad Men, and seriously, what took anyone so long to make this happen.

Here comes the review:

I liked 'Trust Me' very much. The writing was fast-paced and witty, Lauren says the agency scenes and characters are dead-on, and I love that it's Chicago. Cavanaugh is annoying so far, but his character is supposed to be -- they will have to find a happy medium. McCormack is great, and the show has a fun supporting cast and could have some legs given good storylines. It was a fun hour of TV. It didn't change the world, but it did give a fair depiction of creative life within an agency trying to nail a campaign. I look forward to the shows growth and I recommend it.

That would not have been accepted by Twitter - I would have had to break it into several messages which is cheating - yet a lot of people do it -- and yes I am talking directly to you Richard Roeper....www.twitter.com/richardroeper

No comments: