Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome to Ed's Op-Ed on TV, or OP-EDTV

I watch a lot of TV. It's true. I have a lot of opinions. Also true. And I used to like to write a lot, so I figure this trifecta could only mean one thing -- write a blog about what I am watching on TV to my zero adoring fans who have been begging for me to get online and provide some solid entertainment for up to 2 minutes at a time.

I also plan to update you (meaning no one) on whats coming to a TV set near you, or what is most likely going to disappear. I will be poaching most of my news from Michael Ausiello, Robert Bianco, Matt Roush, and Matt Webb Mitovitch -- the kings of worthless TV inside information - but I cannot get enough. If Ken Burns did 14 hours on how these guys get the latest casting news - I would be all in for that.

Speaking of Ken Burns, lets start there. I officially deleted the first 8 hours of 'The War' from FakeTivo #2 last night - unwatched. Its not that I don't care about WW2, I do. I am actually fascinated by it -- but the timing is awful. Its frickin premiere week. Could we not have saved this for December? or early January? Classic PBS arrogance. I think I am going to just have to do this one on DVD. By recording this show in HiDef I was burning muchas percent of DVR space and I have about 100 shows I am trying out right now. And here is one thing I do know -- 6 months from now I can get 'The War' from BlockBuster but I would hard pressed to find the first four episodes of 'DirtySexyMoney' after that show gets buried before November sweeps.

Let me say this about my OP-EDTV... there are a lot of websites out there breaking down TV in a very snarky fasion:
SNARK, noun
Combination of "snide" and "remark". Sarcastic comment(s).
Also snarky (adj.) and snarkily (adv.)

I am not going to do that. I am just going to tell you what I watched. And then you can read it if you want. And again by 'you' I mean no one. But its cathartic for me...and thats really all that counts.

P.S. As I type this, a new version of Sugar's 'If I Can't Change Your Mind' just came on Pandora. Holy Crap - its from Train and it sucks. Why would they do this to such a great song? And the worst part...since Train is mainstream famous and Bob Mould isn't, this song will be a hit for them and no one will ever know how good it really should be. Frickin Train. Also - support Pandora and internet radio.

1 comment:

smith55438 said...

Get ready for a snore fest on "The War" - not that it's not good, because it is, it's just classic Ken Burns holding frame on a photo for 1min+ while voice overs fill in the details. "Back in 1942, we didn't have paper clips, we had "Liberty Clips"..." It's tedious at times, and probably best viewed when imbibed.